1. First download the template you need from the link below. This download is in a zip files. Choose save > My documents. After unzipping the file, you should have a PSD file. Open the file in Photoshop.
(Once Photoshop is open, make sure to turn on the Layers window. Click F7.)
2. Make your design as you see fit. Leave the “Cut Line” layer visible (this can be done by clicking the eye beside the Layer) and on top. Turn off the “Face Line” layer once you’re finished with the design. You can replace our “perimeter text” with your web address or copyright info. This text shows up on the edge of your finished button. If your not using the perimeter text you can turn off those layers. Save the design when you’re done.
3. Once you’re totally finished with the design in Photoshop, select “Edit” > “Define Pattern” in Photoshop. Give the pattern a name, and click “OK.”
4. Open a new document “File” > “New”. You will have to change the unit of Measurement from pixels to inches with the drop down menu. Set it to 8×10 inches and 300 PPI.
5. Now, we’ll fill the document with the design Pattern. Select “Edit” > “Fill”. Select under Contents, Use: “Pattern” from the drop down menu, and choose your design from the “Custom Pattern” drop down. Click “OK”